Project FARmEAT aims to strengthen the attractiveness and competitiveness of the program area through the implementation of actions aimed at reinforcement of the economy and promotion.
Planned actions will promote the joint development of the meat production chain in the trans-border area, the creation of new businesses and the consolidation of existing ones.
The project will encourage the production of quality meat obtained by sustainable and environmentally friendly techniques, even trough organic processes, which includes an extensive use of pasture, with complementary positive effects on tourism.
The development of primary sector, in particular with the enhancing of quality meat production through processing and packaging systems in an appropriate cross-border slaughter will facilitate farmers in direct sales from the farm as well as in cooperative structures. The project will also enable an exchange of knowledge between the operators of the border areas.
- Development of cooperation processes aimed to increase the competitiveness of the business system in globalized market, with a particular regard to the sustainability
- Quality production and strengthening of competitiveness
- Increasing consistency of livestock farming in the mountain area, also related to the preservation of land and biodiversity, in particular meadows and pastures at high altitude
- Increasing direct selling farms
- Increasing of added value of livestock farm products, in particular from the direct selling, through which companies can be encouraged to increase its livestock consistency
- Development of marketing strategies
- Enhancement of the territory, even of tourist attractiveness
- Creation of cooperative crossborder structures, including e-commerce, and cross-border cooperation between farmers and processors.
Project will allow the diffusion of sustainable farming, even with organic farming, that allow obtaining high-quality meats.
The slaughter processing in a modernized structure, as well as supply of refrigerators in the farms, will allow and encourage direct selling. Otherwise, it will be possible for farmers to take advantage of cooperative marketing of the product.
It will be launched also a pilot project aimed to promote organic pig meat production chain, starting from pig-farming coming up to the marketing of processed products (sausages, hams, etc.).
Project FARmEAT will achieve effective sustainable territorial integration through exchange of experience, information and technology between partners of the crossborder area, increasing know-how, competitiveness and development of the companies involved.
Homepage Url: http:///
Project data begin: October 2012Project data end: March 2015Approved costs: 969.600,00Region / Statistical region: Gorizia, Trieste, Udine, Obalno-Kraška, GoriškaTypology: Public call for standard projects - land border no. 03/2011
List of beneficiaries
The list of beneficiaries, the names of providers and their projects, and the amount of public funding for projects is being made publicly available, each year in February, in line with Article 7 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006 and the European Transparency Initiative (COCOF April 23, 2008).
List of beneficiaries of the CBC Programme Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013 (last update: February 2017