MACC Project aims at implementing a Cross-border Centre for coordination of technical and scientific expertises in the field of modern and contemporary art, being able to support private companies and public authorities in research activities, production of materials and restorations.
The start-up of the Centre will allow to set a network for modern and contemporary art enabling to the development of strategic relations and innovative collaborations with public bodies and private companies, in order to enhance technological transfer. For this purpose two research and project-oriented structures - based in cross-border area - will be developed.
Several actors based in cross-border territories are playing an important role in the field of contemporary art but they need to be coordinated so as to cope with their fragmentation and share know-how and exchange best practices.
In this way the project is willing to develop new virtuous circuits involving restoration laboratories and art-focused enterprises.
1. Management and Coordination
2. Study and Evaluation:
• Study and evaluation of economic and cultural assets related to the contemporary art
• Collection of existing data and creation of web portal
3. Start-up of the Cross-border Centre and the network for modern and contemporary art:
• Development of national and international agreements aimed at the implementation of the Cross-border Centre for modern and contemporary art (training, collaborations, events)
• Collection and transfer of technological and scientific excellences
4. Selection of tools and technologies suitable for the creation of the cross-border laboratory:
• Set-up of the laboratory
• Research activities on innovative materials for conservation and restoration.
• Delivery of protocols and best practices
5. Communication activities:
• Training activities
• Marketing activities
• Dissemination activities
1. Implementing at least 3 joint activities of research, innovation and technological transfer involving local enterprises; and further 3 activities involving research institutions, foundations, technological and productive districts.
2. Researching and disseminating at least 5 innovative techniques for intervention, preventive screening, multi-materials restoration and conservation in the field of movables-based and architectural modern and contemporary art.
3. Ranging problems and intervention techniques, through establishing specific protocols in cross-border and international framework.
4. Creating 1 cross-border permanent laboratory that would be able to act directly on the works of art and to provide experts and institutions with scientific and technical support.
5. Coordinating research and study activities on the contemporary art for the support to the practices. The fragmented cross-border framework wastes economic and conceptual resources and, if not solved, is liable to compromise the international competitiveness.
6. Connecting the different expertises in order to enhance the attractiveness of the involved territories, by creating 1 on-line record of the experts (companies, researchers, etc.).
7. Creating 1 network to share know-how, expertises and technologies: such network/centre should be able to have international competitiveness and to copy with the centres based in Europe and in North America.
8. Dissemination of achieved results: 3 meetings, 4 workshops/seminars, 1 website, 1 Scientific publication (min. 1.000 copies), 2 cross-border contemporary art expositions (one in Venice and one in Ljubljana), dissemination activities through mass media network.
Long term results
The centre/network and the laboratory for modern and contemporary art are the staring point of the creation of a partnership able to pave the road for a new way.
In the framework of project activities it is planned to launch and to consolidate new strategic collaborations suitable to enlarge the network in order to make it more competitive and efficient. Such collaborations shall be pursued in the field of education, research, tourism and entrepreneurs institutions, as the issues concerning modern and contemporary art is cross-section and shared.
The centre shall provide support to enterprises and local authorities, as well as to several market services (such as technologies research and transfer, restoration, events organisation), by coordinating the actors that want to be involved (companies, public institutions, universities, etc.).
The final aim is to make such centre an important player suitable to attract new growth and development opportunities.
Homepage Url: http://www.maccproject.eu/
Project data begin: August 2011Project data end: April 2015Approved costs: 1.208.609,39Region / Statistical region: Gorizia, Trieste, Udine, Pordenone, Venezia, Padova, Ferrara, Obalno-Kraška, Primorsko-notranjska, Osrednjeslovenska, GorenjskaTypology: Public call for standard projects no. 02/2009
List of beneficiaries
The list of beneficiaries, the names of providers and their projects, and the amount of public funding for projects is being made publicly available, each year in February, in line with Article 7 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006 and the European Transparency Initiative (COCOF April 23, 2008).
List of beneficiaries of the CBC Programme Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013 (last update: February 2017