Presentation:the main purpose of the project is the coordinated management and the Reka-Timavo aquifer protection trough the quantitative and qualitative monitoring of the ground-waters and environment of the Classical Karst.
The expected output will be the implementation of a single and unique database containing all the hydro-dynamical, hydro-chemical and biological datasets, all geo-referenced; unified maps will be produced within the promotion of cooperative agreements and actions to promote and activate systems capable of reducing the pollutants especially concerning the drinking water; the promotion of the development of joint intervention systems for the emergencies and the development of joint strategies for preventing and reducing the risks of danger, will be one of the aims of the project, as the promotion of water saving and the efficiency in the management of the water network distribution including the quality improvement of the drinking water.
- development of the projects evolution and logical framework for the project management;
- Data collection and sampling (hydrochemical, hydrodinamical and biological) of the Reka-Timavo aquifer system for a scheduled time of 3 years;
- Data base development and implementation for the hydrochemical, hydrological and biological datasets;
- 3 studies on vulnerability, land use and distribution network stability;
- Unified maps for the Classical Karst area in a GeoDatabase environment containing at least 5 different themes;
- 2 stable partnerships;
- 5 trans boundary protocols;
- 1 internet website (in 2 languages)
- 6 press conferences with flyers
- 1 divulgative video (in 2 languages) on the Classical Karst area (available on the website of the project)
- 1 divulgative publication in N. 166.000 copies (in 2 languages);
- Proceedings of the trans boundary conference (in N. 500 copies).
Classical Karst map and Geodatabase with the hydrochemical, hydrodinamical and biological annexes datasets concerning the ground waters, their intrinsic and integrated vulnerability, protection areas and relative methodologies to define them indicating the land use, the efficiency of the water distribution network and future trends.
the program involves 10% of the area, 35% of the safeguarded areas and 10% of the population.
(10% of the area is involved in the program, 35% of the safeguarded areas and 10% of the population)
Definition of jointed protocols for the unified management of the aquifer and its safeguarding, comprehending the quantitative and qualitative monitoring of its groundwaters with the consequent definition of 2 stable partnerships, one among the Research Authorities (LP, PP1, PP2 and PP6) and one among the operative partners (PP3, PP4 and PP5).
A dissemination campaign concerning the project development and the obtained results will be realized trough 6 press conferences and 1 project web site always updated (10% of the population of the program area);
- a dissemination campaign on the framework of the Classical Karst and the water saving using a divulgative publication produced in 166.000 copies, 1 divulgative video to be downloadable from the dedicated website (10% of the involved population of the program area)
- establishment of stable partnerships for the management and security of the Reka-Timavo aquifer system;
- water saving and efficiency in the management of the distribution network;
- implemantation and development of a trans boundary map with the associated trans boundary Geodatabase for the monitoring and the identification of common methodological approaches in the Classical Karst aquifer system management in order to prevent and reduce pollution risks of the soil and water;
- drinking water quality improvement;
- unified intervention systems in emergency circumstances;
- sensibilization of the population on the “use” of Classical Karst, the water saving and the environment protection themes.
The activities held in the project are coherent with the aims of the sustainable development, the safeguarding and environmental development of the karstic region They promote the quality of life and the attractiveness of the territory trough the natural resources valorization.
The project promotes an integrated development planning of the action regarding the groundwater and Reka-Timavo watershed safeguarding. The aims can be reached through the application of rules avoiding the water pollution, interventions on the water saving and the efficiency of the distribution network. It makes the population more aware (conscious) of the potentialities of the Classical Karst environment, of its safeguard, of the saving and protection of the groundwater resources.
Homepage Url: http://www.geoscienze.units.it/
Project data begin: February 2012Project data end: February 2015Approved costs: 1.038.124,45Region / Statistical region: Gorizia, Trieste, Udine, Obalno-Kraška, Goriška, Primorsko-notranjska, OsrednjeslovenskaTypology: Public call for standard projects no. 02/2009
List of beneficiaries
The list of beneficiaries, the names of providers and their projects, and the amount of public funding for projects is being made publicly available, each year in February, in line with Article 7 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006 and the European Transparency Initiative (COCOF April 23, 2008).
List of beneficiaries of the CBC Programme Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013 (last update: February 2017