Flying over the World War I battlefields relevant to the programme area overtaking cultural barriers in order to know and enhance the historical heritage: this is the topic ALISTO deals with through the synergy between historical research and the development of a software for flight simulators.
The project recreates the historical landscape by digital mapping, on the basis of the digital model of the territory (DTM), the Italian and Austro-Hungarian war aerial pictures and allows to see from high above both the landscape of 1915-18 and the present one perceiving its historical values and transformations.
Such tool can also be used to assess the impact of large scale projects. The joint and shared perception of the landscape cultural-historical values allow to go beyond the concept of border. The outcome of the research is going to be spread through exhibitions, conferences, publications and networks.
(Budget: € 1.350.000,00; duration:36 months; locations: Friuli Venezia Giulia, Veneto, Emilia Romagna; Obalno-kraška, Goriška)
According to the planned goals, the types of activity are summed up as follows according to the model: activities / expected results / costs.
The costs have been left disaggregated in order to reflect the activities described in the following B.7
- Project management, financial management, cultural management, project coordination meetings, constant monitoring / management effectiveness and efficency, quality of the project outputs, compliance with the planned periods
- Preparatory costs/quality and coherence in drawing up the project
- Cross border scientific commitee meetings and development of the cross border scientific activity/ work panels (consultation), workshops (participation), checks of the scientific activity to overcome the language and cultural barriers, definition of shared methods of scientific research and protocols of interface with software technology, creation of a cross border database
- Drawing up of texts for exhibitios and publictions/shared development of the texts to be used in all scientific publications with a view to get a homogenous result under the cultural profile
- Development of simulated flight over the historical and present cross-border landscape, 3D modelling of historical airports/knowledge and fruition of the cultural heritage, technolgical innovation of the software for simulated flight; exchange of technical knowledge and definition of shared protocols for the implementation of hardware/software systems; knowledge and fruition of the cultural heritage represented by the historical landscape of World War I and by the present landscape
- Realization of flight simulators/overcoming of the cultural and linguistic barriers; knowledge and fruition of the cultural heritage represented by the historical landscape of World War I and by the present landscape; increase of toutist offer also in the parnters' territories; interaction with the flight professional environment for the training of pilots; increase of tourist offer for schools
- Setting up of the rooms for the flight simulators and connected exhibitions/improvement of the structures open to the public; knowledge and fruition of the cultural heritage; increase of the tourist and didactic offer of the partners involved
- Training of operators for simulated flights positions/corss-border professional training for having the simulators work with a view to allow the fruition of the systems on the part of the public; increase of the tourist-cultural and didactic offer
- Didactics for schools / Increase of the awareness of cross-border cultural values, increase of the cross-border knowledge and fruition of the cultural heritage, overcoming of the language and cultural barriers, cultural cooperation, exchange of knowledge in the didactic field
- Conferences, spreading of scientific results and exhibitions about the methodologies to read the cross-border historical landscape and catalogue; travelling exhibition about the World War I aviation camps, guide and map, internet portal with thematic itineraries and cross-border data base, articles and TV specials/ increase of the knowledge of the cross-border values, increase of the cross-border knowledge and fruition of the cultural heritage, spreading of the knowledge and of the results of the cross border scientific activity, dissemination
Definitio of shared criteria of scientific research, overcoming of the cultural and language barriers, sharing of the knowledge, improvement of the cultural cooperation, improvement of the knowledge of the cultural heritage.
Sharing of the research methodologies, definition of innovative technologies to interface historical data and software technology
Technological innovation, knowledge and fruition of the historical and present landscape, improvement of the tourist-cultural and didactic offer of the hosting structures and of the programme area
Improvement of the structures open to the public; knowledge and fruition of the cultural heritage; increase of the tourist and didactic offer of the partners involved
Dissemination, sharing of knowledge, awareness, cultural cooperation
Increase of the awareness of the cross-border cultural values, increase of the cross-border knowledge and fruition of the cultural heritage
Homepage Url: http://www.alisto.eu
Project data begin: October 2011Project data end: April 2015Approved costs: 1.173.360,95Region / Statistical region: Trieste, Treviso, Venezia, Ravenna, Obalno-Kraška, GoriškaTypology: Public call for standard projects no. 02/2009
List of beneficiaries
The list of beneficiaries, the names of providers and their projects, and the amount of public funding for projects is being made publicly available, each year in February, in line with Article 7 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006 and the European Transparency Initiative (COCOF April 23, 2008).
List of beneficiaries of the CBC Programme Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013 (last update: February 2017