The project concerns the pilot testing in the cross-border area of the study circles training methodology which is typical of non formal adult education and widely recognized for its being very inclusive, supportive of active participation of the learner and community oriented.
The methodology, which is popular in different European countries, is based on the stimulation of the learning demand and on the self-directed learning approach of individuals/groups on the basis of shared interests and learning outcomes, whereas the traditional training approach is rather based on the “offer” of training.
The methodology will be tested in rural areas aiming to support local development actions, under the guidance of International experts of the model. The following territories will be envolved:
Eastern Veneto, Torre and Natisone Valleys, Collio and Carso on the italian side, Upper soca valley, Municipality of Kanal, Slovenian Collio and the hilly area of the Municipality of Nova Gorica on the Slovenian side.
- Development of the managing structure of the cross-border study circle model within the local life-long-learning system
- Training courses for study circles mentors/tutors
- Awareness raising and training demand identification with the involvement of local mediating organisations/institutions: Municipalities and thers associations, entrepreneurs and workers organisations, consortia, tourist promotion associations
- Crossborder networking of service delivery system, network local contact points to be managed in collaboration with existing local public/private services
- Pilot delivery of study circles training on identified priority issues (environment, agriculture, crafts, tourism) addressing micro business owners, unemployed people as well as precarious workers in rural season activities or in the crafts sector
- Knowledge documentation and dissemination at community level
- Involvement of stakeholders and media to promote and support the study circles activities
- Development of a sustainable cross-border study-circles model networking training agencies, local development agencies and institutions/organisations managing the educational offer in the LLL system by the identification of stable forms of needs analysis, activity planning and management, monitoring & evaluation, training of operators and system enhancement and by the drafting of collaboration agreements among supporting institutions/organisations
- Development of the competence cluster and of a cross-border certified training offer for the qualification of tutors/local development operators (2 training courses- 24 tutor/operators trained)
- At least 40 associations involved in the cross-border awareness raising and local knowledge enhancement network
- Implementation of the study circles methodology in 10 pilot study circles 4 of which at cross-border level with the involvement of about 40 operators on the field (experts, tutors, community facilitators) and more than a hundred participants.
Homepage Url: http://www.study-circles.eu
Project data begin: October 2011Project data end: October 2014Approved costs: 714.971,63Region / Statistical region: Gorizia, Udine, Venezia, GoriškaTypology: Public call for standard projects no. 02/2009
List of beneficiaries
The list of beneficiaries, the names of providers and their projects, and the amount of public funding for projects is being made publicly available in line with Article 7.2(d) of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006.