The project aims to preserve the cultural landscape and cultural heritage of wells, which enrich the cross - border area.
The objective of the project is the renovation of wells, in fact monuments of cultural heritage and the restoration of the events related to cultural and historical heritage of the wells, with particular attention to the integration of youth in the processes of knowledge of this type of heritage culture.
The project will be implemented on the Slovenian side in the municipalities of Nova Gorica, Miren-Kostanjevica and Šempeter-Vrtojba; on the Italian side in the municipalities of Doberdob, Sovodnje ob Soči and Portomaggiore.
Project activities include recovery of selected wells, collection of materials on the history of the wells, the definition of learning paths connected to water courses, organization of events at the wells, the promotion will include the marking of the wells and the definition of the Path of the wells.
Within the project implementation the following activities are foreseen:
- Investment in the renewal of the wells and ponds, including reconstruction, conservation and restoration. Nearby the wells, which will be properly marked, will be held on Path of the wells.
- The studies, which aim to encourage young people to preserve the cultural heritage of the wells and ponds, including an examination of the oral and written sources about the wells and ponds, which will be subject to renewal in cultural perspective, historical and operational, and studies on the development of learning pathways that link the natural and cultural attractions of the area.
- The meetings include the organization of events taking place near the wells.
- Promotional activities include the production of promotional materials regarding the restored wells and the marking of the wells.
Results of the project:
- Renewed thirty wells and ponds in the cross - border area which represents the cultural heritage of this area;
- Collection of materials on cultural and historical value of all the wells and ponds renovated, the research work will be performed by students from participating schools.
- Publication of the cross-border path between Doberdob, Sovodnje ob Soči, Miren and Preserje, the result of students work in participating schools, and publication concerning the cultural heritage of the wells.
- Events held at the wells. The events will relate to the specificity of wells or of the rural environment and its traditions.
- Creation of the path of the wells, which will connect all the renewed wells and ponds in the cross-border area.
Homepage Url: http://www.livingfountains.eu/
Project data begin: November 2011Project data end: November 2014Approved costs: 904.699,11Region / Statistical region: Gorizia, Ferrara, GoriškaTypology: Public call for standard projects no. 02/2009
List of beneficiaries
The list of beneficiaries, the names of providers and their projects, and the amount of public funding for projects is being made publicly available in line with Article 7.2(d) of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006.