Project TIP aims at planning actions in order to foster the functional coordination between Gorizia and Vrtojba truck terminals and intermodal areas with “Villesse-Gorizia-Razdrto” motorway, particularly focusing on the following aspects:
- interconnection viability with the structures on the border area and with the access points to transborder urban areas;
- improvement and development of the intermodal road-rail and RoLa system between Italy and Slovenia;
- development of resting areas, new services and improvement of those currently available (restaurants and cafeterias, safe and secure parking places, truck maintenance, truck washing, etc.) by using new technologies;
- environmental and territorial sustainability of the aspects related to mobility, urban layout and energy efficiency of the structures.
The activities and the results expected from the project are gathered into the following technical WPs:
- WP 3 _ railway intermodal structures: preliminary and final design of junctions between the international and the Italian and Slovenian national lines, extension of the intermodal junction between SDAG area and Vrtojba station and a junction from the abovementioned station and the Slovenian truck terminal located next to SDAG area; these planning activities will be combined with those aiming at improving Vrtojba station and adopting railway safety and security systems and devices to be installed on the railway structures of SDAG intermodal terminal, connected to the similar equipment of Italian and Slovenian railways;
- WP 4 _ integration of former frontier station areas and functions: preliminary and final design of the axes complementary to the “Villesse-Gorizia-Razdrto” motorway and the connections both internal between the truck terminal areas and local to facilitate pedestrian and cycle transit in the areas involved in the project;
-WP 5 _ fostering of the truck terminal services: planning of buildings and structures dedicated to transport and new safe and secure parking places for trucks, also taking advantage of integrated ICT management and surveillance systems and a coordinated signaling system;
-WP 6 _ territorial and judicial studies for urban coordination and creation of a joint structure to promote and manage logistics: development of studies aiming at coordinating urban and territorial choices in the transborder municipalities towards an integrated area from the logistic and transport point of view and defining a coordinator at regional and transborder level with Slovenia for transport and logistic activities;
-WP 7 _ general study of energy efficiency and technology experimentation: development and definition of an energy efficiency study on the whole transborder section dedicated to logistics and transport, therefore identifying the best application methods of new technologies to reduce consumptions and usage of renewable sources; partners will also develop an experimental study related to geothermal plants to exploit subsoil energy sources to heat some of the truck terminal premises.Homepage Url: http://www.tip-project.eu
Project data begin: October 2011Project data end: April 2015Approved costs: 1.150.865,39Region / Statistical region: Gorizia, Rovigo, Ferrara, Ravenna, Goriška, GorenjskaTypology: Public call for standard projects no. 02/2009
List of beneficiaries
The list of beneficiaries, the names of providers and their projects, and the amount of public funding for projects is being made publicly available, each year in February, in line with Article 7 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006 and the European Transparency Initiative (COCOF April 23, 2008).
List of beneficiaries of the CBC Programme Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013 (last update: February 2017