The project aims to contribute to the Cross-border biodiversity conservation and to the improvement of the environmental conditions. The aim of the project activities is the biodiversity protection on one side and the initiatives dedicated to reduce the impact of agriculture in particular on the other side. The planned activities include the study and analysis initiatives to improve the knowledge of the area, the development of environmental models, and the creation of protected biodiversity areas, such as Mediterranean gardens and conservation fields. The project also envisages the establishment of the Mediterranean Crop Centre (MCC), which would represent a permanent structure dedicated to the protection of the program.
The project includes the following activities:
1. Meetings between the project partners for the coordination and monitoring of its activities, the sharing of results and resolution of any critical element;
2. Conducting of studies and researches (survey of the cross-border natural areas, guidelines for the management of protected areas and models for the prediction of the development of the olive fruit fly, and the verification of the presence of pollutants). These studies would be conducted through literature researches and field surveys, with the support of experts, and would pursue the objective of consolidating the knowledge base of the cross-border environment and biodiversity;
3. Creation of the Cross-border Mediterranean Crop Centre (MCC), of Mediterranean gardens and fields for the biodiversity conservation;
4. Construction of technological networks, formed in particular by the control units for the environmental parameters monitoring and for the detection of parasites/pathogens populations that would be produced by the agricultural sector through a more rational use of plant products;
5. Predisposition of printed and electronic information materials, information bulletins, newsletters, video and multimedia support;
6. Organisation of events in order to present the project results, with the aim of giving them the maximum visibility and application.
The expected results of the project realisation are made of the slowing of the biodiversity loss on one side (with reference to plant species typical of the Mediterranean and traditional crop varieties) and of the improving reduction of the environmental impact by the industry agriculture on the other side, improving environmental conditions of the program. The project will put the basis of a permanent cross-border cooperation in the biodiversity conservation field and the protection of the environment.
Homepage Url: http://www.sigma2.upr.si/
Project data begin: September 2009Project data end: December 2014Approved costs: 3.380.944,39Region / Statistical region: Gorizia, Trieste, Udine, Pordenone, Venezia, Padova, Obalno-Kraška, GoriškaTypology: Public call for strategic projects no. 01/2009
List of beneficiaries
The list of beneficiaries, the names of providers and their projects, and the amount of public funding for projects is being made publicly available, each year in February, in line with Article 7 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006 and the European Transparency Initiative (COCOF April 23, 2008).
List of beneficiaries of the CBC Programme Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013 (last update: February 2017