- relevant documents
1. Environment, transport and sustainable territorial integration
Priority Axis 1 is based on the potentialities and assets of the Programme-area, that can be further activated in order to improve the quality of life of present and future generations, namely through the management and sustainable development of its natural resources, the increased use of renewable and alternative energy sources and the improvement of integrated transport systems.
A joint, sustainable territorial integration within functional cross-border areas (e.g. Adriatic coast, Carso/Kras territory, Gorizia/Nova Gorica urban zone, Alpine area: to be deleted) will consistently contribute to increase the attractiveness of the Programme-area.
Priority Axis 1 will aim to achieve the following operational objectives:
• Protect bio-diversity and ensure the sustainable management of natural resources
• Safeguard environment against natural and technological risks and pollution, decrease energy consumption and increase the use of renewable energy sources
• Improve accessibility and transport systems and increase the integration between urban and rural areas
• Strengthen territorial cohesion within functional cross-border areas.
2. Competitiveness and knowledge based society
The Priority is conceived as main line of action, in the strategic framework of the O.P., directly fostering competitiveness, mainly through modernisation and innovation inputs in the economical structure of the eligible area. As a matter of fact, highly valuable experiences have been matured in various contexts as well as knowledge has been accumulated, but they remained mostly scattered so far. The cross-border cooperation here envisaged, fully in line with the provisions of Lisbon Strategy, aimes at adjusting the trend so far experienced.
In particular, the proposed approach is based on joint research and innovation initiatives, respectful of the environment, aimed at increasing the competitiveness and the development of a knowledge-based society in the area.
Priority Axis 2 will aim to achieve the following operational objectives:
• Increase competitiveness of SMEs
• Jointly develop tourism potentials
• Promote research and innovation to the development of knowledge-based economy
• Improve and qualify employment potentials through co-ordinated higher-education and training
3. Social integration
One of the most important goals of the Programme is to improve communication, social and cultural cooperation so to satisfy the increasing citizens’ demand for better, mutual services and mutual knowledge and also remove persisting historical, cultural and social barriers.
These objectives should be achieved by enhancing the existing cooperation both through the valorisation of the historical, cultural and linguistic heritage and the encouragement of networking among Italian and Slovenian institutions.
Priority Axis 3 will aim to achieve the following operational objectives:
• Strengthen communication and education systems
• Preserve the knowledge and use of cultural heritage and improve cultural exchanges
• Increase life-quality through co-coordinated development of health and social systems
4. Technical assistance
The Priority Axis 4 aims at granting high quality in the management, monitoring and control level of the O.P., through the involvement of the competent bodies and authorities, as detailed in Chapter 6. The implementation of the activities of technical assistance will comply with the provisions of the relevant EC Regulations, with a particular reference to the realization of a specific Communication Plan aimed at giving information about the Programme to all those interested.
Through the activities of technical assistance, i.e. monitoring, control, communication and information, the correct functioning of the management and monitoring system of the O.P. will, therefore, be ensured. In particular, as concerns the monitoring activities, a system based on the quantification of indicators for the realization, the result and the impact, able to constantly recording the financial, physical and procedural progress made by the Programme will be implemented. This system will be able to interface with the Italian national and the community SFC 2007 systems that will be implemented to monitor the Objective “European Territorial Cooperation”. It will allow to “measure” the respect of the fundamental principles of equality between men and women and of non-discrimination and sustainable development which inspire the O.P.
Approved by the European Commission on 20 December 2007 (decision number C(2007) 6584)
Approved by the European Commission on 30 June 2008 (comunication no. 5387)